LVM Kalsnavas Arboretum - one of the most beautiful gardens in Latvia, camper parking
Latvia’s State Forests’ (LVM) Kalsnava Arboretum
The uniqueness of the LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum is
characterized by the collection of foreign woody plants that adapt to the
climate of Latvia to please its visitors with types of woody plants unseen in
the typical Latvian landscape.
The LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum is a place to learn the
secrets of nature and to quietly spend the day with family or friends, but once
the knowledge is acquired, eat your delicious meal at the picnic site.
The visit to the LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum can be
concluded with counting the steps at the viewing tower that offers a unique
view of the arboretum landscape, which will please and surprise you during
every season in Latvia.
During the visit to the LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum,
pupils, teachers and everyone interested will learn interesting facts about the
collection of nature’s rarities and will have an opportunity to learn the
basics of forest management and exploitation in the programme “Green Yard
The special offer of Latvia’s State Forests’ arboretum
- Green Yard School for pupils of various age
groups during the academic year.
- Creative workshops and excursions throughout the
year for children and adults.
- The Peony Festival on June 18.
- In autumn, pupils will have an opportunity to go
on a forest expedition!
- Dendrologist consultation on cultivating trees
- Equipped recreation and picnic sites;
- Viewing tower (25 m high);
- Seminar rooms for hire (up to 60 persons);
- Outdoor terrace for hire (up to 25 persons);
- Wedding ceremony sites;
- A stop for wedding activities;
- Materials for florists (cones, seed-pods, seeds,
- Seeds of decorative trees and bushes;
Waterlily plants, etc.
LVM Kalsnava arboretum forbidden entrance for pets!
* Visitor Center.
* Watchtower (height - 25 m).
* Walking trails.
* Guided excursions (+371 27841099,+371 29326912).
* Marriage ceremony place.
* Program for newlyweds and wedding guests.
* Peony garden (diversity of more than 230).
* Consultation provided by a dendrologist.
* Picnick area.
* Caravan or camper connection points (numer of sites - 6, electricity, water).
* Purchase of ornamental trees and shrubs (in the tree farm nearby “Kalsnava”), diversity of 600 types (tel. 26528088).
Information about prices:
* 1,50 EUR for pupils, students and seniors;
* 3,00 EUR for adults;
* 15 EUR for the services provided by a guide to a group up to 25 people in latvian language;
* 20 EUR for the services provided by a guide to a group up to 25 people in russian language
* 25 EUR for the services provided by a guide to a group up to 25 people in english/german language
* 15 EUR using camper connection points.
(Guided tours must be booked in advance!)
|Working hours:||May 1 – October 15|
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 9am – 6pm
Sat: 10am - 5pm
Sun: 10am – 3pm
October 16 – April 30
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 10am – 5pm
Sat, Sun: Closed
|Address:||Latvijas valsts mežu Kalsnavas arborētums, "Slodas", Jaunkalsnava, Kalsnavas pagasts, Madonas novads, Latvija, LV-4860|
|Phone:||+371 29326912 (Sanita),+371 27841099 (Sandija)(LV, ENG, RU, GER)|